Fiberglass reinforced plastic grating is a composite material manufactured by combining a matrix of resin and fiberglass. Fiberglass grating does not corrode like steel grating and is therefore used in corrosive environments to reduce maintenance costs. It is used in a variety of applications including walkways and overhead platforms. FRP grating is a structural product that can be weight-bearing between spans.
KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS
TerraGrate FRP grating is light, strong and easy to cut for installation. The complex resin and fiberglass composition gives TerraGrate bi-directional strength and a low mass density. Weighing one quarter of the equivalent iron and two thirds of aluminium FRP has a higher strength to weight capacity and a greater load bearing capacity.
TerraGrate FRP grating is designed for use where corrosion resistance is vital. TerraGrate FRP gratings are non-metallic so not susceptible to galvanic corrosion. The unique blends of resins offer resistance to chemical corrosion. TerraGrate FRP is ideal for use in environments where there are safety concerns due to liquids or oils on the floor and in more corrosive environments needing chemical resistance.
TerraGrate FRP grating is fire-resistance, flame retardant and offers low thermal conductivity. TerraGrate FRP grating has been tested to and exceeds the ASTM E-84 fire rating standard.
TerraGrate FRP grating has good electrical insulation and dissipation properties which makes it well-suited for numerous applications. Terragrate FRP can be used in underground
transformer housings, electrochemical processing, or in cases where low electrical interference is required near sensitive electronic equipment.
TerraGrate FRP grating features an anti-slip surface that is rated to the highest levels of slip resistance, making it a superior industrial walkway surface. TerraGrate FRP Grating comes standard with an anti-skid surface with coarse grit embedded into the resin and is ideal for use in wet environments.
TerraGrate FRP grating is designed for strength and durability significantly reducing maintenance costs. As TerraGrate is lightweight and easy to install, installation costs are much lower than for equivalent metal or concrete products.
TerraGrate FRP grating can be quickly and accurately cut to size allowing for much greater design flexibility. TerraGrate FRP is available in a variety of standard profiles such as I-Beam, Channel and Angles to more easily meet various design performance requirements.
TerraGrate FRP has one of the highest strength-to-weight ratios of any material, it is light, strong and durable for years of dependable use. Unlike steel and other old-fashioned materials, TerraGrate FRP has material memory, it can spring back to its original shape if deflection occurs. Even major impacts result in little damage to no structural or surface damage.
TerraGrate FRP grating is internally and externally colour stable and will not fade or bleach when exposed to sunlight or corrosive substances.
WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED
TerraGrate Moulded grating is used in place of traditional materials for a FRP solution that fits a wide range of applications and environments. Terragrate FRP products can be used in anti-slippery floors, walkways/footpaths, operation platforms, docks, ramps, trench covers, and even stairs.
- Construction engineering
- Traffic and transportation
- Oil & Gas
- Chemical plants
- Metals & mining
- Water plants and wastewater
- Industrial factories
- Electrical and water utilities
- Various council projects
- TerraGrate Moulded grating is used in place of traditional materials for a FRP solution that fits a wide range of applications and environments.
- Moulded grating consists of square mesh patterns that can support weight from any direction.
- TerraGrate Pultruded grating is suitable for areas where higher loads or larger spans are needed.
- Pultruded grating consists of parallel bearing bars that can only bear weight in the direction of the bearing bars.
- TerraGrate FRP grating is available in a variety of resins, standard and custom colors, depths, panel sizes and mesh configurations.
- TerraGrate is available in Moulded or Pultruded options
- Surface options include a meniscus or integrally applied grit top, both of which offer superior, slip resistant footing.
- Prices from $45 /m2
- Available in standard panels or custom sizes subject to specifications.