WHAT IS PULTRUDED GRATING?
Terragrate® Pultruded Grating are high strength pultruded bars which are best solutions for replacing aluminium and steel gratings in corrosive environments. Pultruded gratings are designed for use in a wide range of industrial applications where longer support spans are required.
PRODUCTION PROCESS OF TERRAGRATE®
Terragrate® FRP Pultruded Grating is manufactured by assembling two structural fibreglass T bearing bars into a grid pattern. The T bars structural shapes are made by pultrusion – a continuous moulding process utilising fibre or glass reinforcement in a polyester or vinyl ester resin. Selected reinforcement materials are thoroughly infused with the high quality resin, the fibrous laminate is formed into a geometric T shape and pulled through the heated steel dye. This solidifies into the exact shape of the dye cavity as it is being continuously pulled by the pultrusion machine. Please refer to the diagram below.
KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS
- 65% glass and 35% resin, giving it a very high strength to weight ratio.
- Weighs 50-70% less than steel gratings
- High load capacity (HI) up to H20 vehicle load
- Manufactured with resins containing UV inhibitors
- Flame spread rating of 25, accordance with ASTM E-84
- Self-extinguishing requirements of ASTM D-635
- Durable gritted surface, superior slip resistance
- High density but light weight
- Electric & heat insulated
- Low temperate resistance
- 316 Stainless seel attachment system
- Low Installation/maintenance cost